Principal Android Engineer (Hybrid Onsite/Remote)
CVS Health is looking for hands-on, passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers' lives and who want to be on the forefront of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be in the digital world. The UI developer will work with Product and UX teams to build elegant code and state-of-the-art responsive customer experiences.
We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer II who has experience mentoring/guiding team members, helping drive development decisions, and assisting with architecture design decisions. In this role, you will demonstrate executive level qualities, lead the conversation, have an eye for great design, Hands-on coding as required and a knack for pushing projects from conception to customers. As a Principal Engineer, you will partner with Architects, Product and Engineer teams in order to articulate the true total value of each technical solution and the overall business outcome. In addition, you will be a part of a large-scale CVS Health Mobile apps development teams leading android related CVS mobile application development throughout all phases of the software development life cycle.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
- 9+ years of overall Software Development experience
- 5+ years of experience in Android mobile development
- 2+ years of working experience with Java/Kotlin and Android SDK
- Experience in large Retail, Pharmacy, a plus
- Experience with accessibility development
- Experience in leading Mobile app teams
- Knowledge of Android networking and REST/JSON/XML Web Services and integration with 3rd party libraries and APIs.
- Experience with concurrency including Thread, Handler, Rxjava, Coroutines and scheduling techniques.
- Experience building multi-threaded applications on Android platform
- Experience and understanding of the entire Mobile SDLC using Android SDK.
- Familiarity with Agile/SAFe software development principles
- Strong desire to build in test from the start with TDD development experience
- Understanding of CI/CD and version control systems
- Knowledge and familiarity of MVP and MVVM patterns
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field with or equivalent experience preferred.
Bring your heart to CVS Health
Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day.
CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.