Compensation Benefits Manager
The Purpose of Your Role
The Manager of Compensation, Benefits and HRIS will be responsible for the administration of Compensation, Health & Welfare, HRIS Systems and Operations.
The Manager will ensure that plans are administered consistent with company objectives and strategy and ensure that all plans follow federal and state regulations.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this is a player-coach position; a hands-on role that can successfully manage assigned projects and a direct report.
The Qualifications We re Looking For
- Bachelor s degree in business, Human Resource, Liberal Arts, or another applicable field required.
- General Human Resources experience required.
- Two years of management experience preferred.
- 5 years experience in benefits or compensation role within a human resources department; strong knowledge of federal and state regulations
- Prior experience working with Benefits systems; experience working with HRIS systems (UKG preferred); advanced Excel skills (i.e., pivot tables, VLOOKUP)
- Excellent organizational, ability to multi-tasking and shift priorities as needed
- Ability to work well cross-functionally with the accounting department and other departments; provides excellent internal and external customer service
- Excellent written and verbal skills; Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information; Ability to communicate well with all levels of the organization; strong interpersonal skills
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to provide easily understood solutions
The Competencies You Bring
Business Acumen, Conceptual Thinking, Data Gathering & Analysis, Dealing with Ambiguity, Decision Making, Individual Impact and Influence, and Management.
The Value You Deliver
The duties and responsibilities will consist of, but are not limited to, the following:
- Performs collection of market data/analysis and salary recommendations for market adjustments and salary structures.
- Ensures compliance with Federal and State wage and hour laws and oversees the determination of the FLSA exemption status for new and existing positions.
- Conducts job evaluation, including the initial review of job descriptions to the standards, and researches and analyzes data to recommend appropriate pay grades and titles for new/restructured jobs to best align salaries with the markets and adhering to regulatory standards.
- Partners with Business on the administration of Sales Compensation Plans.
- Prepares periodic reports and monitors data for accuracy and completeness.
- Administers annual salary cycle.
Health & Welfare
- Creates the strategy and design of a market competitive benefits program that will attract and retain needed talent.
- Develop an effective communication strategy and supporting materials to ensure that our benefit programs are fully understood and appropriately valued by employees.
- Manages and/or oversees contract renewals, communications, problem resolution, and vendor relationships.
- Manages benefit administration system, day-to-day processing, and upgrades/implementation to ensure information is accurate
- Maintains data integrity of benefit programs including eligibility files, audits, interfaces, reports, billing, and dependent verification.
- Manage annual open enrollment process including development of communications materials, coordination of information sessions (as required), and administration of enrollment changes within HRIS and with benefit vendors.
- Manage workflow to ensure all benefits related payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Ensures statutory compliance with FMLA, ADA, COBRA, ERISA, and HIPAA legislation.
Researches, analyzes, and reports the impact of state and federal laws on the benefits plan design and administration.
Is responsible for coordination of timely required filings.
- Oversee and administers absence management including the relationship with vendor, employees and managers.
Communicates leave information to the appropriate parties, and ensures the Payroll Dept has the necessary information to pay timely.
- Reconciles monthly invoices and ensures all invoices are accurate and paid on a timely basis.
- Assure company compliance with provisions of ERISA and other regulatory requirements.
Work with benefit broker and prepare various reports required by law to be filed with federal and state agencies.
- Drives the development and administration of the company wellness program.
Identifies and creates initiatives consistent with the mission and vision of the wellness program.
HRIS and Operations
- Oversees employee information in HRIS databases and external benefit carrier databases.
- Manage day to day HRIS activities including report development, workflow management and process changes required to support evolving business.
- Ensure system integrity and facilitate scheduled upgrades by collaborating and communicating with appropriate vendors and colleagues.
- Evaluate, analyze, design and maintain company HRIS.
- Maintain a cooperative and supportive relationship with Finance and Payroll on all HR/Payroll issues to ensure smooth and efficient processes.
- Oversees HR policies and procedures for processing personnel action changes and ensure correct and accurate processing of all changes and terminations.
- Advises and guides management in the interpretation and application of employee policies, statutory regulations and programs.
- Owns the creation and updating of the employee handbook.
- Owns the data submission of all AAP data (except recruiting) is submitting timely and accurately.
- Ensures that all regulatory filings are completely timely and accurately, e.g., EEO filings, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Liveops, a virtual contact center, offers scalable, on-demand experiences through the VirtualFlex platform for both planned and unplanned CX needs.
This tech-enabled, data-powered platform inspires and motivates brand-certified agents to deliver better experiences and attracts entrepreneurial US-based professionals with life experience that helps them connect with
We're a people-powered business, working tirelessly on behalf ofagents, clients, and employees to make life better.
Liveops exists to improve the lives of our agents, clients, and employees.
As a Liveops employee, you re part of a purpose-driven culture that values curiosity, collaboration, and results.
We encourage diverse perspectives to create better outcomes, celebrate initiative, and build relationships based on trust and transparency.
We offer outstanding benefits including insurance, 401k match and a flexible vacation plan.
Legal authorization is required to work in the U.S.
We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas now or in the f.