Specialist, System Support Center (SSC)
Rio West B Bldg (PHX-RWB1)
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you'll love this job
- This job is a member of the Customer Planning Team within the Customer Experience Division.
Responsible for acting as a resource for centralized information and support for airport personnel.
What you'll do
- Supports core department
phone support, re-accommodation planning, irregular operation resolution, and airport application release testing for QIK and Gate-Reader
- Assists front-line airport agents with real-time events with a wide range of support, including:
functional Sabre, QIK ticketing, passenger check-in functions, irregular operations recovery planning, policies and procedures, coordinate with IOC, supporting Flight In Trouble related events and solving employees facing challenges with functions and tasks impeding their efforts
- Supports operational readiness issues such as:
inop seats, aircraft routing changes, and limited schedule change functions (creation of charters, ferries and extra sections)
- Serves as a centralized source of information for front-line airport agents
- Supports test functions for ongoing application releases for QIK-Check, Gate-Reader and Kiosk
- Provides virtual station customer processing support during system outages and failures
- Supports process and technology changes triggered by ancillary related initiatives
- Supports emergency drill functions and applications
- Ability to work varied days/hours including holidays
All you'll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- High school diploma or GED equivalency
- 2 years work experience with airline reservation systems (either in reservations agent role or airport customer service role)
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of the airline reservations systems
- Ability to be highly motivated with positive attitude,
- Ability to be a team player and self-starter
- Ability to be highly organized
- Ability to perform effectively and efficiently within a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work independently and willingness to own and effectively resolve problems
- Ability to recommend and make effective timely decisions
- Ability to clearly understand the impact of irregular operations and deploy sound solutions
- Ability to adapt to changes, particularly to automated solutions
- Ability to anticipate internal and external customer issues and preplan resolutions
- Ability to effectively utilize applications/systems specific to position
What you'll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks:
Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
On day one, you ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs:
We want you to be the best version of yourself that s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program:
Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20
Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.